A lot of people believe they have a story to tell, and want to write a book. They have so many questions and doubts, but they are unsure of how to begin the process. In these three workshops, the average person will learn how to write a book, how to publish a book, and how to market their book.
The I Want to Write a Book course is a three workshop course, perfect for anyone seeking the motivation and skills to write a book. Purchase the workshops for yourself or someone you know.
Steps for writing a book
Motivation to Write a Book
Step 1 in the process of self-publishing. Write for pleasure as a hobby or for a profit.
HELP! I CAN’T FOCUS.
- I can’t type.
- I start to write a chapter, but next time I want to write, it’s something that should be in another chapter.
- I start writing a chapter and I think of other things that should or could be in the book.
I’ve heard these statements many times from individuals who would like to write a book, but who are stuck in the idea phase.
- They have an idea of what they should write.
- Autobiography- A story about their life.
- Fiction-A story that isn’t true, although they might gather some of the ideas from reality.
- They might have started writing, but they are:
- Stuck on a chapter.
- Uncertain about the direction of the story.
- Concerned that their story doesn’t have a direction.
- HOW DO I BEGIN?
- I don’t know what to write about first
The Motivation to write a book workshop is the first workshop in the I Want to Write a Book course. After participating in this workshop, you will gain the confidence and skills begin witting and complete your book.
You will learn:
- how to become motivated to write your book.
- the different types of books, word count, and page count.
- how to find the time to write your book.
- how to properly assess and overcome writer’s block.
- how to write your ideas so that it becomes a sentence, a paragraph, a page, a chapter, and ultimately a book.
Self-Publishing My Book
Step 2 in the process of self-publishing. Self-publishing for pleasure as a hobby or for a profit.
HELP! I WANT TO PUBLISH MY BOOK.
- I want to give my book to my friends and family.
- I want to sell my book.
- I want to give my book to my friends and sell it to everyone else.
- I have a handwritten, book. Can I publish it?
Self-publishing My Book is the second workshop in the I Want to Write a Book course. After participating in this workshop, you will be able to self-publish your books while determining which professionals you should hire to assist you and which parts of the process you can do on your own.
- learn the steps to a self-published book.
- learn about
- book formatting templates
- book cover creation
- assess your skill set to determine if you should do it yourself and/or which professionals you should hire to assist you.
- visit the websites for applications, self-publishing websites, and various book publishing professionals.
- begin the process of self-publishing your book.
Marketing My Self-Published Book
Step 3 in the process of self-publishing. Market your book.
I will help you understand of the four P’s of marketing your book: Product, People, Place, and Price.
- Should I hire a book marketing company?
- Should I hire a PR company?
- Can I market my book on my own?
Marketing My Self-published Book is the third workshop in the I Want to Write a Book course. After participating in this workshop, you will understand marketing and advertising.
- assess your skills and determine which ones you can use to assist you in marketing your book.
- how to use your resources to market your book.
- how to hire professionals to help you increase your book promotions.
- begin writing copy and scheduling your book marketing plan.
I also offer support services, publishing and writing tips, to course alumni who want personal attention.